Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is one of Disney World’s most popular special events. This after-hours separate ticket event at Magic Kingdom transforms the park into a spooky and fun Halloween wonderland. From special character meet-and-greets to parades, fireworks, trick-or-treating and more, it’s a can’t-miss for Disney fans. Read on for an in-depth guide on how to make the most of your Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party experience.
When and Where Does Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Take Place?
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a special hard ticket event that takes place at Magic Kingdom on select nights in September and October. In 2023, the party runs on 34 nights from August 11 through October 31. The event starts at 7pm and runs until 12am.
Regular park guests must leave Magic Kingdom at 6pm, when the party officially begins for guests with event tickets. This gives partygoers exclusive access to the park for the evening.
What Are the Key Things to Know About Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
Here are some key tips to know about the event:
- You need a separate ticket to attend, either purchased in advance or day-of if available
- Come in costume and trick-or-treat for candy around the park
- Enjoy special entertainment like the Boo-To-You Halloween Parade and Happy HalloWishes fireworks show
- Character greetings with rare/seasonal characters like Jack Skellington and Sally
- Ride attractions with low wait times
- Eat exclusive Halloween-themed treats and snacks
How Early Should You Arrive for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
To maximize your time for rides, shows and character meets, you’ll want to arrive early. Disney allows entry as early as 4pm with your party ticket. This gives you a few hours before the festivities kick off at 7pm.
Arrive between 4-6pm to:
- Get your wristband and maps
- Grab a bite to eat before lines get long
- Knock out a few rides when waits are low
- Get in line early for popular character meets
What Are the Can’t-Miss Entertainment Offerings at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
The entertainment is a huge draw of this event. Be sure to catch these favorites:
Boo-To-You Halloween Parade: Disney characters, dancers and floats make for a spooky good time at this parade that only runs during the party. Grab a prime spot on Main Street at least 30 mins prior.
Happy HalloWishes: The Cinderella Castle Halloween fireworks and projection show is a must-see, with appearances by characters like the Hitchhiking Ghosts.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: The Sanderson Sisters take over the Castle Stage for this live show inspired by the Halloween classic Hocus Pocus.
Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade: Ride your favorite attractions like Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion with minimal wait times thanks to the lower crowd levels.
What Special Characters Can You Meet at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
Some rare characters only come out during the Halloween season. Prioritize meeting:
- Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Incredibles
- Cruella De Vil
- Lotso from Toy Story 3
Lines get very long quickly, so line up at least 60-90 mins before the start of the party for your best chance.
How Does Trick-or-Treating Work at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
Candy stations are set up throughout the park, where cast members hand out treats ranging from chocolates to gummies to healthy snacks. To make the most of trick-or-treating:
- Bring your own bag or buy one at the party
- Hit candy stations early, as lines can get long closer to parade/fireworks time
- Loop around to stations multiple times, as cast members continuously refill
- Prioritize rare allergy-friendly stations for items like gluten-free treats
With smart trick-or-treating strategies, you can easily walk away with piles of candy!
What Special Food and Drinks Are Offered at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party?
Indulge your sweet tooth with festive Halloween eats like:
- Pumpkin waffle sundae at Sleepy Hollow
- Candy corn ice cream and other novelties at Storybook Treats
- Cruella de Vil dessert at Main Street Bakery
- Not-So-Poison Apple Cupcake and Maleficent Novelty Drink at Friar’s Nook
Pop into various quick-service spots around the park to see their exclusive party offerings.
How Can You Get the Most Value From Your Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Ticket?
Follow these tips to make the most of your precious party time:
- Arrive as early as 4pm when permitted to maximize hours
- Have a plan of attack for your must-do rides, shows, character meets
- Watch the parade and fireworks from different spots for new perspectives
- Visit trick-or-treat trails multiple times to load up on candy
- Grab snacks during parade/fireworks when lines are shorter
- Purchase memory maker photo package to get unlimited party pics included
Stay through to the bitter end at 12am closing to get your money’s worth. The late night aura makes it extra magical!
Key Takeaways for Enjoying Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party:
- Arrive 4pm-6pm to maximize time
- Catch the Boo-To-You Parade and Happy HalloWishes fireworks
- Meet rare characters like Jack Skellington early
- Trick-or-treat often and stock up on candy
- Indulge in special Halloween desserts and treats
- Purchase Memory Maker for unlimited digital photos
- Stay until the very end at 12am closing for the full experience
With smart planning using these tips, you’ll have a howling good time at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! It offers exclusive entertainment and theming that makes it worth the splurge. Don’t miss out on the magic this Halloween season at Walt Disney World.
Want to easily plan your Disney World trip? Check out the invme.com app! It has up-to-date information on all parks, attractions, hotels, restaurants and more. Easily build your perfect Disney itinerary in minutes with invme.